With a career in Melbourne’s live music industry stretching over 12 years, Lexi is one of Melbourne’s best-known live performers. Celestial Band performs regularly at private events and functions, as well gracing the stages at many couple’s Victorian wedding! The band can work in any formation required, whether you desire an Acoustic Duo, Acoustic Trio, or a 4- or 5-piece party band! Below is a comprehensive list of the top 50 songs that are most commonly requested for weddings and special events!
- Can’t Help Falling In Love With You- Elvis Presley. This song is often chosen for wedding Ceremonies.
- Still the One- Shania Twain. Again, this is a popular wedding Ceremony song.
- Perfect- Ed Sheeran. This versatile song is good for Ceremonies, Canapés hours, or for a dinner set at a wedding.
- Thinking Out Loud- Ed Sheeran. Another amazing one by Ed Sheeran.
- Senorita- Shawn Mendez and Camilla Cabello. A popular and funky duet that wedding singers tend to love.
- Shallow- Lady Gaga. You either love this song, or you hate it. Either way, it’s a popular song request.
- Jessie’s Girl- Rick Springfield. Good old fashion dance floor hit, popular at weddings.
- Summer of 69- Bryan Adams. Popular pop/ rock hit to get the party started.
- Eagle Rock- Daddy Cool. Would you believe this song is over 50 years old now? Eagle rock is well known amongst the older crowd. We also love it! It’s just awesome.
- April Sun in Cuba- Dragon. This is another pop/ rock genre song. Super cool, and old school.
- Footloose- Kenny Loggins. An oldie but a goodie.
- Lonely Boy- The Black Keys. A classic American Rock song. Everyone knows it, lots of people love it.
- All The Small Things- Blink 182. An awesome Aussie rock song. You’d be surprised how many people know the words to this classic hit.
- Mr Brightside- The Killers. What can we say, this one is just.. popular.
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody- Whitney Houston. If there’s a female Lead Singer like Lexi Ross in the band, someone’s probably going to request this song…
- Simply The Best- Tina Turner. Also called ‘The Best’ sometimes.
- Proud Mary- Tina Turner. Lots of people love this song. It’s a great one for the end of the night.
- Uptown Funk- Bruno Mars. We’ve even seen wedding guests rip out a special choreographed dance to Uptown Funk!
- Horses- Daryl Braithwaite. Legendary, and always popular for the end of an amazing wedding!
- All Night Long- Lionel Ritchie. Another awesome and highly requested song to play live at the end of the night!
Wedding Singers Yarra Valley- Best Wedding Bands Yarra Valley
We hope you’ve enjoyed reading our 20 most popular, and highly requested songs! These babies tend to pop up time and time again. If you still looking for the best Wedding Singers Yarra Valley, be sure to check out Lexi Ross. Lexi runs Melbourne based Celestial Band. As a band we can provide all the live music for your dream wedding day. We usually start off as an Acoustic Duo, singing you down the aisle at your wedding Ceremony. After that we’ll have Lexi as a Soloist, or one of our Acoustic Guitar players strum some songs during your Canapés hour. Finally, we’ll perform as a dedicated live wedding band for your Reception. Depending on your budget, you may choose to have Lexi Ross in her 4-piece band, or 5-piece band with our Saxophone player!
BREAKING NEWS! We now also offer a DJ Service with our live tradition band! Speak to Lexi to get more information about this. Couples can now opt to have us play one hour of DJ music for you at the end of your wedding. This will be instead of having the band play dance-floor hits for the final hour of the night! We use a dedicated DJ deck, and will mix and match songs for a smooth transition. Either way, the music will be amazing. It just comes down to each couple’s individual preference. Talk to us today about all things Acoustic Duo, live band and now DJ Service! Call Lexi on 0467375489 or email email@example.com