In this blog we’ve made a list of our top recommendations of things NOT to do in the week before your wedding…
Things NOT to do in the week before your wedding
There’s a few things that can be held off in the week prior to your wedding. Just to prevent any kind of disaster from happening! It doesn’t make you old fashioned to follow this simple list.
To minimise the trouble, here are things not to do in the week before the wedding:
- Doing aesthetic procedures –Chemical peels, colouring or cutting one’s hair especially for the bride and last-minute tanning. All these take time, especially facials that employ chemicals as they seem to redden or scour dead skin. Some who do this for the first time may have adverse reactions too, so it’s better if it’s done a month or two before the wedding. If root touch ups are needed, stick to that to prevent doing anything you’ll regret later like having a new experimental fringe. The week before your wedding may not be the best time to trial a new spray tan either… Just saying!
- Experiment with eye shadow and other face make up – Dark eye shadow with heavy eyeliner and red lipstick may not be that appealing for the Bride. Pay no attention to us if you’re going for that Kat Von D look. The Bride should naturally be radiant as possible, with her beautiful features highlighted.
- Fitting of wedding garments at the last minute – When it comes to wedding dress sizes, most Bride’s need their dress to be customised or altered for them. Not all sizes fit the bride or flatter her figure so it may better to do it at least a few months before the wedding.
- Digging up old issues or worrying too much about things that are not happening yet- Bringing up matters that have been the subject of controversy or jealousy. Or pressuring each other about future happenstances can put a couple on hot waters. Therefore, it could be better to hold off on any emotionally charged conversations until after the wedding, if you can!
- Not introducing parents to one’s partner or his or her family prior to the wedding but doing it during the wedding week – It pays that both clans or families know each other already, because both become “one” as soon as those marriage papers are signed. It pays to introduce your future spouse to your parent’s months if not earlier, before the wedding.
- Sending invites- If people receive an invite to a wedding the week before, they may believe they were only a last-minute invite. This would usually have been done in the months/ year before the wedding.
- Deciding to include in the list those who were not really invited in the first place out of pressure – Stick to the list and be reminded that doing this will cost added expenses on food and other items. If you really feel the pressure to see them, you can always invite them to other occasions.
- Booking vendors for entertainment, catering, decorating etc. – Its always best to include vendors in the wedding plans months prior so they can create the dream wedding you always wanted.
Fun Wedding Bands Melbourne
Live Wedding Band and DJ Service Melbourne
If you’re looking for Fun Wedding Bands Melbourne, or want to hire our live DJ service, contact us today! We special live music, and can provide you with up to an 8 Person Party Band! Have a look at our popular wedding music packages today. Or head to our Youtube page to see some of our favourite band videos! We also have a flexible COVID policy, so if restrictions prevent your event from going ahead, we’re reschedule the date for FREE! Speak to Lexi today to get a personalised quote! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0467375489!
Written on August 9th 2021 by Jenny Chang.